Sunday, 4 November 2012

what's new, British pussycat?

There's not a huge amount going on in the UK stores this week. A quiet week all round, quite possibly due to half term.

M is for Make is back from her break, and any orders that were made last week will be posted tomorrow. I spotted quite a few treasures in the sale section, including Melody Miller Ruby Star Spring


I've been cross stitching a piece of this bee fabric forever. It's nice to keep coming back to it every now and then and stitch a bit more (I don't really enjoy cross stitch or embroidery much)

Working on this again... @missletterm

I was chatting with Justine from Simply Solids the other day (which I do a lot, her being one of my bezzies and all that) and the Kaffe Fassett shot cottons that she has in stock are the last of the lot. If you have been thinking about getting some shot cottons or were curious to try them, then do so soon. Once these ones are gone that's it. Check out this quilt top by my friend Amy. It's pretty amazing and shows just how gorgeous shot cottons are.

Annie from the village haberdashery has been away at Quilt Market and ordered a heap of new stuff for the coming months. You can check it out in the coming soon section. I'm really excited about Lucky Penny coming in. I love Alison's designs and the colours are so rich.

Untitled

(this pic is from Alison's flickr stream - go and check out some of the projects and the prints in more detail. They're really gorgeous)

Alice at Backstitch doesn't have any new stuff in this week but tells me the Christmas bundle is selling really fast, so if you want to be ahead of the game and overly organised this year buy one now!



Speaking of Christmas, the Fat Quarterly latest issue is all about Santa and mince pies and everything else that comes with the Christmas season. It's a really fantastic issue, and full of ideas.


Sneaking in again when they're actually a US company but the offer starts today (and I only just spotted it this morning)...
Paper Pieces have an offer on dresdens and chrysanthemum bulk packs - 20% off.




I am hoping for a relatively dry day and I can take some pictures of a quilt. We shall see.....

One thing is for sure I am going to be stood outside in the freezing cold watching Ginge play football. Last week my ears hurt so much from the wind I was almost crying. This week I'm wearing a hat.

Happy Sunday! I hope you have a lovely one!




7 comments:

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive