Wednesday, 12 December 2012

hump day is a slow day

Wednesdays are funny days, aren't they? I'm feeling sluggish today and cold and can't really be bothered to do all that much. Especially because yesterday the Kitchen Guild ladies and I had our little Christmas party down at Lynne's house. We've not got together as much these past few months, so it was great to have a few hours of chatting and laughing and sharing gifts.

Todays I'm finishing up a few Christmas presents (this really does seem to be a never ending task!)
My cross stitched Melody Miller bee is almost a pillow for a really special friend...

I got distracted from binding and started turning the cross stitch bee into a pillow.

I'm sitting on the floor drinking tea and binding a quilt...

#WIDN sat on the floor drinking tea and binding a quilt. tagged by @me_and_elna tagging @hotpinkstitches @amanda_threadbias

and later I'll embroider a label for the quilt before wrapping it up and popping it under the tree...

...and making a label.

Nothing is getting done with much speed, but that's what hump day is all about, isn't it?

What's getting you through the hump?

15 comments:

Ruth said...

It's darling. I love the idea of embroidering the label. Gonna do it on a baby quilt I'm quilting.

heart of charnwood said...

I just burnt my @rse on the heater, not good, I was trying to warm up- I've been doing a bit of crochet today, now I'm looking at my list and trying to figure out what next, maybe a couple of Bee blocks, or some little Chrismtas decorations.

mascanlon said...

Lovely gifts and a cute little pin cushion too!

Marion McClellan said...

Getting me through? ... the terror of two many projects that need to be finished before Christmas ;) ...and a bit of mania fed with diet pepsi ;D
...maybe I need to lay off the diet pepsi and have a bit of herbal tea and watch a movie. SERENITY NOW! ;) xo

Elsa said...

Well, for being a slow hump day you sure are doing lots!
I've got a few things in the works, but nothing that can't get done before I leave for Southern California on the 23rd.
Today I'm spending a bit of time with my dil and that ought to be really nice!

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

I think that bee is helping!! Gorgeous!

Christine said...

I love the cross stitch pillow. Your friend is so lucky. You never cease to inspire me.

I am just getting over being sick and I am finally able to do stuff. So my Wednesday is very productive so far.

Heidi Staples said...

These are looking lovely. Lately I seem to take the first hour of the day just going through mail and blog posts on my computer until my eyes aren't quite so bleary before I'm ready to start sewing. I think it's going to take a good deal of caffeine to jump start me today, though...

Nicky said...

It must have been you then and your lovely star quilt as I have just finished another UFO and I love it! Thanks for the inspiration - you and Jeni I guess!

Keep going - I'm sure you will get there! Cushion looks fantastic - lucky friend!

Annabellouise said...

For 'not doing much' you certainly produce the stuff. Beautiful work!

Indianna said...

Love the pin cushion...a great example of no scrap is too small to keep!

Julierose said...

I got a new hairdo today--layered!! I am a classic bob usually--am still reeling from hair that doesn't move!!! Oh well, it's a new look for hump day and--it'll always grow out again...Love that cross stitch bee--soooo neat!! Julierose (aka now, why did I go and do that????):---((((

Katy Cameron said...

Oooh, all looking fab, especially the bee!

Danielle said...

Gorgeous as always. Very cosy too. What's getting me through - looking forward to heading to Bath on Friday and then up north on Sunday. Hoping it's going to be relaxing! :) Have a lovely rest of the week xx

Sara said...

Reading blog posts and enjoying homemade chicken noodle soup....AND Christmas cookies:)

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive