Sunday, 9 December 2012

what's new, British pussycat?

Untitled

You may have heard that Annie at The Village Haberdashery is opening a real life bricks and mortar store. Full details of opening hours and classes will come in the New Year, but for those of you that are impatient and can't wait for a sneaky peek and a chance to visit early there'll be an open weekend on December 15th and 16th (between 11-7 on Saturday and 11-5 on Sunday)

Untitled

The gorgeous new shop can be found at 47 Mill Lane, West Hampstead, London NW6 1NB.

Go along for some real life actual bolt touching and shopping. It'll be awesome, it really will.

Bari J Ackerman's new line Splendor 1920 is in stock now (yes, I know I keep harping on about Splendor - but it's just so gorgeous, and Art Gallery Fabrics cloth has such an amazing handle it feels almost like a lawn and sews so beautifully).

Monaluna's Havana is also new in stock and is a beautiful modern line with great colours, on organic cloth.
You can see these lines in real life and actually carry bolts around the store just like people do when they have real life local quilt shops (the bolt carrying is probably my idea of heaven actually).

Also - there's lots of bargains to be found in the sale section. Including Hope Chest by Josephine Kimberling and Hello Pilgrim by Lizzy House.

Untitled


Justine at Simply Solids has been flat out this week stocking the shelves with new stock, just in time for Christmas shopping.

The long awaited favourite ever blender of mine, sketch, is here!


Sign ups for the So Solid Crew!


Moda Cross Weave re-stocked!


And a haberdashery section that will continue to grow with new products too!

Don't forget the gift certificates for those friends and family members that aren't so easy to buy for as well! And new in stock are DIY sewing kits by Karen of Blueberry Park that are really nicely packaged and make good stocking stuffers.

Backstitch have announced their Christmas opening times. Normal service will continue up until December 21st and then no orders will be shipped out until December 31st. So if you are wanting to snap up a gift certificate or bundle or something for yourself, make sure you do it before the 21st.



M is for Make still has some of the Ruby Star Bees in stock and on sale, so if you were inclined you could do what I did and cross-stitch directly onto the fabric. It's taken me well over a year to get this done, but it looks pretty damn cool (even if I do say so myself), and was incredibly easy - like painting by numbers. So much easier than if I actually cross stitched the pattern instead (which would involve concentration and counting and the like).

Just a little bit of green to put in that wing and then he's done. What then? Pillow?

There's a lot of fun stuff in the sale section. Including Quilt Blocks which I personally think is a must have and should not be missed.


And that's it for this week!

Can you believe it's now only 16 days til Christmas. Yikes. I've been busy stitching up Christmas presents for family and I'm pretty much done now with my Christmas shopping. I'm sure I've forgotten someone though, I usually do.

Oh - I almost forgot! I'm guest featuring on the Liberty Craft Blog!! I have a very simple tutorial for the little quilt below...using scissors and measurements in centimetres (we are in England, after all) for absolute beginners that have never made a quilt before (and would therefore not necessarily have all the bits and bobs us quilty types hoard...like rotary cutters and rulers and cutting mats and the like). I'd be ever so grateful if you went and checked it out, and maybe left a comment or something.

bloomsbury stripes

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!



7 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow, your bee is amazing! I love your liberty quilt. Can't believe I didn't know about the liberty blog. Thanks!

Nikita said...

I'm jealous... we don't ahve anything as near as cool as this in our town.. even our big city theres only one fabric store that does not ahve such lovel y fabrics

heart of charnwood said...

Thx for the advice on the sketch last week Katy, I ordered Friday so I'll be hanging out by the postbox tomorrow hoping it arrives! Been over to Liberty, Blog- good tutorial, and just goes to show it doesn't always have to be complicated to be beautiful. : )

Nicky said...

love your Bloomsbury stripes - sometimes it is nice just to let the fabric do the talking!

Great intro to Annie's shop! If I had a shop though I don't think I' want anyone to buy stuff - I'd want it all! Until the bailiffs came...

Liz DandeliondD said...

Great round up.
I am so excited to visit the Village Haberdashery sometime soon.
I popped over to your Liberty tutorial. Gorgeous quilt and simple too. I couldn't manage to work out how to leave a comment there though, sorry.

Fiodhna said...

Just dropping you a line... hear you're something of a big deal with the liberty folks lately. Merry Christmas Katy!!

Mandalin said...

Nice post on the Liberty blog :) I'm gonna make my cat a little flannel quilt like that I think.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive